This is the story of how Mr. Hubbard discovered the reactive mind and developed the procedures to get rid of it. Originally written for a national magazine—published to coincide with the release of Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health—it started a wildfire movement virtually overnight upon that book’s publication. Here then are both the fundamentals of Dianetics as well as the only account of Mr. Hubbard’s two-decade journey of discovery and how he applied a scientific methodology to unravel the mysteries and problems of the human mind. And, hence, the culmination of Man’s 10,000-year search.
Evolution of a Science contains the only account of:
- How the optimum computing machine—the mind—works
- How Mr. Hubbard discovered Basic Personality
- How the Dynamic Principle of Existence—SURVIVE!—was first isolated
- How wrong answers enter into the mind and are held down, giving further wrong answers
- How there seem to be “Demons” of the mind
- How the engram was discovered
- How Dianetics techniques were developed
That’s why Evolution of a Science is the story of the greatest adventure of all—the exploration that discovered the Reactive Mind and the technology to conquer it. He wrote it so you would know.
Here is L. Ron Hubbard’s landmark book presenting his discovery of the reactive mind that underlies and enslaves Man. It’s the source of nightmares, unreasonable fears, upsets and insecurity. And here is the way to get rid of it and achieve the long sought goal of Clear. This is the complete handbook of Dianetics procedure and, with it, any two reasonably intelligent people can break the chains that have held them prisoner to the upsets and trauma of the past. A bestseller for more than half a century and with tens of millions of copies in print, translated in more than fifty languages and used in more than 100 countries of Earth, Dianetics is indisputably the most widely read and influential book about the human mind ever written. And for that reason, it will forever be known as Book One.
Among the discoveries herein:
- The Goal of Man
- The Dynamic Principle of Existence—the one word that motivates all living things
- The Four Dynamics—the drives upon which all of life is compartmented
- The Descriptic Graph of Survival—revealing one’s true potential and how to achieve it
- The discovery of and complete anatomy of the reactive mind
- The painful experiences—engrams—contained in the reactive mind which command one to act irrationally against their own wishes and goals
- The impact of prenatal engrams—what took place before you were born and how it’s influenced you ever since
- The complete Dianetics procedure to discover and eradicate these harmful experiences so they never affect you again, revealing the one person you’ve always wanted to know—you.
Mr. Hubbard’s first description of Dianetics. Originally circulated in manuscript form, it was soon copied and passed from hand to hand. Ensuing word of mouth created such demand for more information, he concluded the only way to answer the inquiries was with a book. That book was Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, now the all-time self-help bestseller. Find out what started it all. For here is the bedrock foundation of Dianetic discoveries: the Original Axioms, the Dynamic Principle of Existence, the Anatomy of the Analytical and Reactive Mind, the Dynamics, the Tone Scale, the Auditor’s Code and the first description of a Clear. Even more than that, here are the primary laws describing how and why auditing works. It’s only here in Dianetics: The Original Thesis.
As L. Ron Hubbard describes in this book, life is composed of seven-tenths work, one-tenth familial, one-tenth political and one-tenth relaxation. Here, then, is Scientology applied to that crucial seven-tenths of existence.
The Problems of Work contains the senior principles and laws which apply to every endeavor, every problem of work. For they are the discoveries which lay bare the core of these problems and explain the very fabric of life itself.
The breakthroughs detailed here include:
- The Anatomy of Confusion—and its cure
- The Doctrine of the Stable Datum—the most fundamental law of work, and living
- The Anatomy of Control—and how to turn “bad control” to good
- The Anatomy of Life as a Game—and the rules by which it is played
- The “Secret” of Efficiency
- The most fundamental elements of life—Affinity, Reality and Communication
And, the rock bottom cause of Exhaustion, with the powerful Scientology processes that return the energy of youth
Scientology essentials for every aspect of life. Basic answers that put you in charge of your existence, truths to consult again and again: Is It Possible to Be Happy?, Two Rules for Happy Living, Personal Integrity, The Anti-Social Personality and many more. In every part of this book you will find Scientology truths that describe conditions in your life and exact ways to improve them.
The materials of Scientology comprise the greatest accumulation of knowledge ever assembled on the mind, spirit and life. Through more than a hundred books and publications, thousands more articles and essays, and over 3,000 recorded lectures, the works of L. Ron Hubbard embrace virtually every aspect of living.
Here, then, is Scientology: A New Slant on Life, containing a timeless selection of Mr. Hubbard’s discoveries drawn from the full wealth of his writings and each one presenting a broad, yet comprehensive overview of Scientology applied to a specific aspect of existence—and, in combination, providing the panoramic overview of life itself.
Here are the answers to questions Man has sought through the ages; here are practical answers you hoped could be found somewhere; here are answers that work.
- Is It Possible to Be Happy?
- Personal Integrity
- Man’s Search for His Soul
- On Our Efforts for Immortality
- The Eight Dynamics that comprise life itself
- The Affinity, Reality and Communication Triangle providing the components for interpersonal relationships
- Handling the Confusions of the Workaday World
- How to Live with Children
- What Is Greatness?
- The Two Rules for Happy Living
- Anti-Social and Social Personalities
- The Third Party Law revealing the cause of conflict
- Honesty and Ethics
- My Philosophy, L. Ron Hubbard’s personal statement on what motivated his life’s work and the quest for Scientology
Here, then, are essentials for living, real solutions that work in the here and now, truths to consult again and again.
Designated by L. Ron Hubbard as the Book One of Scientology. After having fully unified and codified the subjects of Dianetics and Scientology came the refinement of their fundamentals. Originally published as a résumé of Scientology for use in translations into non-English tongues, this book is of inestimable value to both the beginner and advanced student of the mind, spirit and life. Equipped with this book alone, one can begin a practice and perform seeming miracle changes in the states of well-being, ability and intelligence of people. Contained within are the Conditions of Existence, Eight Dynamics, ARC Triangle, Parts of Man, the full analysis of Life as a Game, and more, including exact processes for individual application of these principles in processing. Here, then, in one book, is the starting point for bringing Scientology to people everywhere.
For thousands of years Man has searched, pondered and speculated about the true “meaning of life.” But, in Scientology, that search has culminated—for the secret has now been discovered. Based on precision Axioms (self-evident truths), these are the answers—answers you’ve been looking for, answers that work.
Here, then, is the Basic Book on the Theory and Practice of Scientology, with discoveries embracing every aspect of life, including:
- The Cycle-of-Action, revealing what underlies the continuous cycle of creation, survival and destruction—a cycle that seems inevitable in life, but which is only an apparency
- The Conditions-of-Existence that comprise all life and livingness—and by which one can truly Be
- The Eight Dynamics upon which all life is compartmented and by which one can resolve the puzzle of their own existence
- The Affinity, Reality and Communication Triangle, revealing and explaining the underlying principles of true human relations
- The Parts of Man, the comprehensive explanation of Spirit, Mind and Body, their anatomy and interrelationship in every being
- The Reason Why, answering the questions of “what it’s all about” and giving the very elements of survival, happiness and life itself
- Scientology Processes that unlock the life force that is you
And, with this book, you won’t just “learn”—you’ll discover these principles for yourself. Because this is Scientology—the knowledge of you.
A concept-by-concept presentation of the book Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, this film constitutes a visual guide to the human mind. Containing all the discoveries and procedures laid out step-by-step for total understanding, it allows you to immediately start applying the technology of Dianetics.
How to Use Dianetics is not only a visual guide to the human mind, but it includes the principles and procedures used by millions world over to attain a state dreamed of by Man throughout the ages—a state known as Clear.
This film presentation is based on and serves as a companion to the book, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health.
For here is the film, How to Use Dianetics, graphically illustrating every component of Dianetics—the dynamics, the analytical mind, the reactive mind, every type of engram, birth, prenatals, emotion, life force, Clear and more. They’re all here, with state-of-the-art visual effects so you can see the full anatomy of the reactive mind and, hence, how to clear it. Then, with demonstration after demonstration, you’ll also learn every technique of auditing in application. And it’s all presented step-by-step, allowing you to master one principle at a time, auditing as you go.
Using this book, through a series of light yet powerful processes applied for as little as half an hour a day for two weeks, an individual on his own can markedly raise himself on the Tone Scale and can pull himself out of almost anythiDo you really know yourself? Now you can, with Self Analysis. This book will take you through your past, your potentials, your life. First, with a series of self-examinations and using a special version of the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation, you plot yourself on the Tone Scale. Then, applying a series of light, yet powerful processes, you embark on the great adventure of self-discovery. This book further contains embracive principles that reach any case, from the lowest to the highest—including auditing techniques so effective, they are referred to by L. Ron Hubbard again and again, through all following years of research into the highest states. In sum, this book not only moves one up the Tone Scale, but can pull a person out of almost anything. Included are:
- The laws of survival and abundance
- The most embracive description of consciousness
- Our efforts for immortality and its relationship to matter, energy, space and time
- Essays describing a broad array of discoveries including time, remembering, forgetting, imagination, valences and special auditing lists for each
- And, beyond all those revelations, self-processing lists that provide the most powerful of auditing and which can be done anywhere and at any time—uncovering the real world of you
The barriers of life are really just shadows. Learn to know yourself, not just a shadow of yourself. Self Analysis shows you how.
We live in a perilous world, a dangerous environment. Watch television news or read your daily newspaper and you are subjected to a daily diet of robberies, rapes, riots, murders, fires, earthquakes, floods and famines.
Do you find yourself becoming disturbed by what is happening around you? Do you feel helpless, unable to control these events? Do you even sometimes feel afraid?
In this booklet, L. Ron Hubbard dissects this phenomenon of the dangerous environment, providing methods that will not only help you overcome your fears, but allow you to help others. Applied on a broad scale, this information brings about an enormous calming influence and enables people to lead happier lives. Used on an individual scale—by you—it will enhance the lives of your family, friends and associates.
"How does one get things done? How does one make a dream a reality or carry a plan through to completion?
Many of us seem to have unrealized goals or incomplete plans and many of us face tasks that appear overwhelming, even impossible to achieve.
This is true not only of individuals, but of companies and even countries. History is filled with failed projects.
In examining the subject of organization, L. Ron Hubbard developed an enormous body of technology to ensure the success of any group.
In doing so, he also provided a solution to the most common of failings: the lack of ability to execute plans.
In this booklet you will discover how to attain literally any goal, large or small.
Plans can be carried through to fruition, but a number of vital steps must be taken, one after the other.
You’ll learn what these steps are and how to apply them to anything – a personal ambition, a family, a group, a business and more.
You’ll learn that your dreams can become real."